[linux-dvb] Re: bt8xx problem

"Neil Davidson" <lists@backslash.co.uk> writes:

> I thought i had, by running make from within the build-2.6 directory. Where
> do i need to run modprobe from to load the right version of the modules? I
> had assumed it was from the build-2.6 directory since insmod.sh is there
> too, but knowing me i've probably got it all wrong.

insmod.sh will load all modules from build-2.6 directory. Modprobe
will load modules from /lib/modules/...

If you want to use modprobe, you need first to copy the module from
build-2.6 directory to /lib/module/.. Be sure to check the actual
destination directory.

HTH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index