[linux-dvb] Re: DVico Fusion DVB-T card - help please.

I'm probably the least likely one to offer advice here but......

> How do I "configure the kernel with CONFIG_12C=m, CONFIG_12C_ALGOBIT=m
> and CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=m "
Check the config file you used to compile the kernel to see if those settings
were already there. They were in my slack 2.6.8 kernel config ottherwise
you'd have to do another kernel and tic the corresponding box to module when
you in make menu(whatever) Alternatively if you could try editing your config
file. It says "don't edit" on the first line but I've often wondered if it
was safe  to do pre-compile

> and " install the appropriate modules" as per Chris's guide?
That's the one I'm still trying to nut that out. I actually seem to have some
modules installed presumably by hotplug at boot but not all required, and
going through the list provided by Richard yesterday, I still don't have  or
seem have compiled from the Dvicoxxxx and cx88xxxx tarballs.... argh. I'm
just a little bit short in knowledge/experience or I've missed something
along the way

> As I asked in my first post, a "simple how-to"  is required.
If I ever sort this out, and it's not by accident, I'll document it somewhere.

> Links to a "simple" , preferably Debian, kernel how-to appreciated also.
Have you tried the README in the root of your kernel source? That's a start,
and there are others. Check out the "Guide to 2.6 kernel upgrade/recompile"
thread on the Debian Forum at linuxquestions.org. When I started off with
slack a couple years ago the linuxquestions slack forum was my primary source
of info/help.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Prickle-Prickle, the 34th of Chaos, 3171
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index