[linux-dvb] Re: DVB DVR driver problem, my real fix now!

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Jan Panteltje wrote:

The solution in my case is to increase the dvr buffer
in the driver.
old:
#define DVR_BUFFER_SIZE (10*188*1024)
I changed it to:
#define DVR_BUFFER_SIZE (100*188*1024)
and then recompiled / reloaded the driver modules.
The problem only happens when you use HUGE data
streams,
for example astra2 10773.00 h the whole transponder
(all BBC channels etc..).
In this case the buffer overflows....
The data rate here I estimate at about 36 Mbps (16 GB
/ hour),
and this may happen on HDTV too.
So maybe the DVR buffer size default should be a bit
bigger then what it now is.
One can also solve the problem by setting
update -1 1000
update -5 100
(see man bdflush or update --help)
This empties the buffer more often.
But bigger buffer is better I think.
Could you please send patches made with 'diff -u' or 'cvs diff -u' when you use dvb-kernel CVS? It is easier to read for everyone. Not that I'm able to understand completly what you were writing, but the ones who are able to will appreciate it :).

regards,
Patrick.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index