[linux-dvb] Re: b2c2 dvb driver?

Hi:

I was looking for the exact same help you are looking
for now.  I was asking in this list, and received some
interesting answers.  I was working with kernel
2.6.10.  Last answer was written by "lamirk", but I
had no oportunitie to try or test it.  What he wrote
was:

Hi here are some help I wrote in hurry. Sorry that
this does not yet
have all details but it
is so late...

If you have DVB drivers build in the 2.6.10 and you
have now created
the
/dev/dvb directory structure by running correct
MAKEDEV-DVB.sh then you
could try to do following steps.

1) load dvb drivers by using modprobe
    - create loaddvb.sh
    - change it to be executable for root user (chown
root loaddvb.sh,
chmod u+x loaddvb.sh...)
    - copy/paste write following text to loaddvb.sh
    echo "Inserting DVB modules into kernel"
modprobe i2c-core
modprobe crc32
modprobe firmware_class
# make sure input stuff is there for IR remote
controls
modprobe evdev
# vide4linux for av7110 based "full featured" cards
modprobe videodev
modprobe v4l1-compat
modprobe v4l2-common
modprobe video-buf
# DVB core
modprobe dvb-core # dvb_net_debug=1
# frontend drivers
modprobe ves1x93
modprobe sp8870
modprobe cx22700
modprobe stv0299
modprobe ves1820
modprobe tda1004x
modprobe tda10021
modprobe dib3000-common
modprobe dib3000mb
modprobe dib3000mc
modprobe l64781
modprobe tda8083
modprobe cx24110
modprobe cx22702
modprobe mt312
modprobe mt352
modprobe stv0297
modprobe nxt2002
modprobe ttusbdecfe
# saa7146 based siemens/technotrend/hauppauge cards
modprobe saa7146
modprobe saa7146_vv
modprobe ttpci-eeprom
modprobe dvb-ttpci
modprobe budget-core
modprobe budget
modprobe budget-ci
modprobe budget-av enable_ci=1
# technotrend/hauppauge USB things
modprobe dvb-ttusb-budget
modprobe ttusb_dec
modprobe dvb-dibusb
# technisat skystar2
modprobe skystar2
# terratec CinergyT2
modprobe cinergyT2
    - change to root user and run loaddvb.sh
    ---> now your driver should have been loaded
(check what text has
appeared to /var/log/syslog)
2) generate channels.conf
    - load dvb-apps from the linux.tv.org cvs
        cvs -d
:pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv login
        cvs -d
:pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co
dvb-apps
    - build them (cd dvb-apps, make, wait until build
finishes)
    - cd dvb-apps/util/scan
    - create file containing information from the
frequences where to
search files
       (examles for various areas are in dvb-c, dvb-t
and dvb-s
directories under dvb-apps/util/scan dir,
       c for cables, t for terrestrian and s for
satellite)
    - generate channel conf (I do it for example by
running ./dvbscan
dvb-c/fi.jkl > channels.conf
       read dvb-apps/util/scan/README for the details)
3) Test channels.conf
    - If scan succeeded copy channels.conf to
dvb-apps/util/szap
directory)
    - run azap, tzap, czap or szap depending from your
card type and
give one of the channel names in the channels.conf
    - I can for example do following for tuning one
channel in my list
       (./czap -c channels.conf "YLE TV1")
    - If you start seeing text "locked" then you could
basically start
watching tv by starting for example a program called
tvtime

Note: After getting things working, I recommend you to
do some things
more automatic.
     (Sorry but not details...)
    a) create file /etc/init.d/dvb.sh which manages
the load and unload
of drivers
    b) if using udev add dvb rules which can
automatically create
/dev/dvb nodes so that you do not need create
         them manually by using MAKEDEV-DVB.sh. Or
insert the content
of
MAKEDEV-DVB.sh in the beginning of the
         loaddvb.sh before modprobing modules...
    c) create symlink from /etc/init.d/dvb.sh to
/etc/rc5.d so that
drivers can be loaded automaticly during the boot
    d) try to use programs like kaxtv which have menus
and bells for
tuning, timers, channel changes, etc for watching tv.
        (see the list of apps from
http://212.227.36.83/linuxtv/wiki/)

Hope to help.

Regards.