[linux-dvb] Re: MPE MAC broadcast

I have received no answer yet.
Ideas anyone? please...

Well, either I don't understand, or I wasn't clear with this.

I transmit IP data with a MPE MAC broadcast enveloppe over satellite.
I cannot receive my IP data on my DVB-S card unless its MAC is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF or I put it on promisc mode. I mean "any data", not even those having destination IP = my card's unicast IP.

I am a satellite service provider. Suppose I have a park of a thousand receiving sites (which I do have).
My gateway encapsulates my IP data into a MPE MAC broadcast enveloppe (much easier than having all my sites configured to the same MAC).

Maybe ETSI EN 301 192 does not say anything about having to open a filter for receiving MPE MAC broadcast, but I am pretty sure IETF IPDVB WG does. In any case, I shouldn't have to be promisc to receive IP data addressed to me.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I am missing smth or maybe ETSI specs are.

Thanks

Evan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index