[linux-dvb] Re: Technisat/B2C2 USB Box

On Sunday 06 February 2005 03:30, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > Would not a branch in cvs create enough separation from the main tree?
> > Seemed to work like a charm when Andrew did it for the fe refactoring.
>
> Yeah, a branch would be best.

Sounds like it.

> A new top-level dir would also be OK, but it has the potential of confusing people
> who go and check out old code even after it has been merged into mainline...

Yup, I belive this approach should be avoided for anything but a really major
restructuring of the linuxtv.org cvs (feature development in mind), but even
that probably should be handled with merging in a 'virtual' tree into the main
cvs, at least when the 'virtual' tree is what is expected to be common use
within relativly short time timespan.

Kenneth

Home | Main Index | Thread Index