[linux-dvb] Re: linuxtv.org etc

Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >linuxtv.org and directfb.org are hosted on a server which is rented
> >privately. Convergence sponsored the hosting and traffic costs for a
> >while, then it was privately financed, and now we found another sponsor
> >(a small Berlin based company) who agreed to pay the server
> >costs in exchange for a small "sponsored by" company logo on the
> >homepage. The content of the new homepages for linuxtv.org and
> >directfb.org is not copyrighted by convergence, and all source
> >code is released under GPL or LGPL.
>
> copyright and license are two different things, the copyright is hold by
> convergence and the code authors (depending on whether they got paid for
> it or not), the licenses allow everybody to use it under the terms of
> the GPL/LGPL/whatever.

Yeah, sorry if I was unclear, by "content of the new homepages"
I mean text/html (and the Wiki, of course), not CVS contents and
download tarballs. There is no license for the text on the webpages,
but as I wrote them in my spare time (inpsired by the contents of
the old webpages), the directfb.org pages were done by Dok in his
spare time, they are not copyrighted by Convergence (except maybe
for the old news entries). So in case someone is paranoid about it:
whatever happens with Convergence, no one could demand that we take
the pages offline because of copyright issues.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index