[linux-dvb] Re: Howto read audio register of av7110, SPDIF dead

Tim Kaiser wrote:
> > > Some users of NexusCA have no sound, others have sometimes and some have
> > > never over Spdif line. It looks like a timing problem.
> > > I've enabled analogue sound for myself, this function is actually
> > > disabled with CVS version.
> > > Three other users tested this code. In the moment analogue sound is
> > > switched on no one has sound over SPDIF.
> > > Somebody an idea????
> > >
> > > I have three questions:
> > >
> > > -howto read out the audio read register of the av7110? I want to print
> > > out the result into the kernel log.
> >
> > I don't know what you mean by "audio read register".
> > Anyway, the SPDIF guru for av7110 is Werner Fink. Maybe
> > you'll find some info on http://vdrportal.de/.
> >
> > Does the NexusCA have an SPDIF output which uses different
> > hardware then the older Nexus cards (which used the av7110 builtin
> > SPDIF transmitter)?
> >
> I want to write the content of avermedia Register 0x6C000000 to the kernel log
> for debugging.

av7110 (chip made by TI) does have nothing to do with avermedia (card vendor).
Anyway, the firmware doesn't implement a command to do that. Also, since
you say that SPDIF ceases to work after initializing the MSP3415 I guess
it has nothing to do with the audio decoder inside the av7110.

Maybe Werner Fink has some idea?

> I tried to find out if the SPDIF is driven over the avermedia by beeping the
> board out weeks ago....
> I have to say...I don't know, no success.
> That's the reason why i want to debug registers.
>
> The only thing i know for sure is, that the problem is around the tuner.
> SPDIF works often on my card, when extending the tuning time. By decreasing
> the time SPDIF is dead.
> But what has this stuff todo with the MSP analog chip????

I've no clue :-(

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index