[linux-dvb] Re: DVB and dual audio

Gerd Knorr wrote:
"Robert Schlabbach" <robert_s@gmx.net> writes:

From: "Gerd Knorr" <kraxel@bytesex.org>

Ondrej Zima <amiandrew@volny.cz> writes:

I have problem to select audio channel if the broadcast is in dual
languages. It plays from the left audio channel the native language
and from right the original language.
Uh, thats a pretty strange way to broadcast dual-language ...
No, it's not. This has been provisioned in the MPEG audio standard right
from the start.
I think it would me much more useful to just send a second audio
stream like it's done for arte.  You can broadcast both channels in
stereo then.  You can also trivially signal the language of the audio
stream then using descriptors in the pmt and do fancy stuff with that.
Let the user chose it's favorite language for example.
Both channels in dual audio have their languages in the descriptor. Preferred-audio -patch for VDR uses those.

--
Anssi Hannula

Home | Main Index | Thread Index