[linux-dvb] Re: tv license

Le mardi 08 février 2005 à 17:05 +0000, Soyeb Aswat a écrit :
> You require a tv license if you have equipment that is
> capable of receiving TV signals whether you use it for
> that purpose or not.  e.g. I didn't (and still don't)
> have a TV, but I had a TV card in my computer so that
> I could play PS2.  I had to buy a TV licence because
> of that.

Move to France!

No TV licence on TV cards here BUT you can't have a VHS or a DVD
recorder with tuner incorporated in your home...

If you just have a USB tuner or analog / DVB card in your computer you
are OK.

Don't ask why - yes they have stuck the TV licence in the local tax so
now everyone pays...

Tony

Home | Main Index | Thread Index