[linux-dvb] Re: tv license

mike wrote:
hello everyone!

I live in UK and about week ago i bought Technisat SkyStar 2. I would like to ask you whether you know if i need to buy TV license if i am not going to connect this card to satellite dish and I will be using this card for educational purpose.

No idea. you'd have to ask the uk licensing group... common sense would suggest you wouldn't... but common sense rarely comes into law....
and I thought the actual UK law stated if you had a device "capable" of receiving a TV signal then you needed a license.

Of course even if that is that case and you were solely using the card for educational purposes they would be extremely unlikely to prosecute on the basis that they would look very foolish in court.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index