[linux-dvb] Re: DVB and dual audio

Gerd Knorr wrote:
Ondrej Zima <amiandrew@volny.cz> writes:
I have problem to select audio channel if the broadcast is in dual
languages. It plays from the left audio channel the native language
and from right the original language.
Uh, thats a pretty strange way to broadcast dual-language ...

Do you know how that differs from mono/stereo broadcast (i.e. how to
detect this in the software)?
I'm sorry, I don't know. But I think there is problem to detect the dual broadcasting on all set-top-boxes in my country (Czech Republic).
If the broadcast is in dual language, the set-top-box doesn't recognize it and plays it (as I said before) as czech language from left and foreign from right and the customer must manualy switch which channel is master.

note: DVB-T in my country is still in testing broadcasting, we have only two multiplexes and creating the legislative for it, the full broadcasting of DVB-T should be started in summer.

--
Ondrej Zima <amiandrew@volny.cz>
Member of Czech ATO - Amiga Translators Organization

Home | Main Index | Thread Index