[linux-dvb] Re: Continuity Errors with tda10021 (Re: Distorded video with Cinergy1200 DVB-C)

From: "Anssi Hannula" <anssi.hannula@gmail.com>
> I tested here (QAM128, Tampere Finland) using the exact same
> tda10021-i2c-register values windows driver is using (AGCREF 0x50, LTHR
> 0x2d, MSETH 0x2d, PWMREF 0x80, checked with saa7146dump). It did not
> affect the distortions. I think the problem isn't in those.

Is it possible that the "distortions" you are seeing are _not_ the result
of reception errors, but rather the result of incorrect DMA transfers from
the SAA7146A to the PCI bus? If you have no issues with QAM64 channels,
that might only be due to their lower data rate.

You should make sure the register bit which makes the TDA10021 set the TEI
bit in any packets incorrectly received, and then dump and examine the raw
MPEG-2 transport from from an QAM128 channel. If you have TEI errors and
continuity errors in there, it's a reception problem. However, if you
_only_ have continuity counter errors in there, it's a DMA error.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net