[linux-dvb] Long uptime and dvb modules timeout

Hi to all,
I'm here to try to explain a strange problem.
I have got a pc always running with a DVB card.
The card is a Pinnacle Systems Inc. PCTV Sat (DBC receiver)
The system run a debian testing.
Usually I use the dvb card once every two day.
When I try to watch a dvb channel initially I can't see nothing.
A test with szap work (FE_HAS_LOCK).
but
cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
don't show anything.

A workaround is simple: remove the dvb modules and reload them and
everything works:

rmmod dvb_bt8xx bt878 cx24110 dvb_core
modprobe cx24110
modprobe dvb_core
modprobe dvb_bt8xx bt878

There something like software suspend, timeout o similar timing
restrictions to take care with the dvb modules?

Do you have any suggestion for a better report?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele Pizzolli

Home | Main Index | Thread Index