[linux-dvb] Re: we might be losing multicast packets

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:51:45PM -0500, Jeremy Hall wrote:
> I am using current dvb-kernel v2.4 branch with a dvb/s ff card.  I am
> using dvbnet that I found in some apps dir on my hd, no telling how old it
> is, but I run dvbnet -p pidnum to get a dvb0_0 and another one for dvb0_1.
>
> The datarate for dvb0_1 is small, like 64k, so I don't see losing packets,
> but dvb0_0 is like 7 or 8 megabits per second.

What do you mean by "datarate for dvb0_0"? The bandwidth on that PID
or just the multicast you want to receive?
The DEBI bandwidth on FF cards is limited (don't have exact figures).
If you just want a part of the packets on that PID you could try
hw_sections=1 to reduce the used DEBI bandwidth (but there are reports
that hw section filters stop on overflow conditions).

Or the bottleneck is elsewhere: Does ifconfig report dropped packets?
Did you try to set SO_RCVBUF (see socket(7))?

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index