[linux-dvb] Re: we might be losing multicast packets

oh I know the group is correct etc.

I'm looking, but don't see an fcntl call, for example, right now there is
nothing being transmitted on the group, and so my app is sitting waiting
for data on a read call.  It will continue to sit there until data packets
are ready.

I remember a similar discussion about returning EAGAIN because we had just
seen a buffer overflow, but I don't remember all the specifics.  When is
it acceptable to return EAGAIN when not using nonblocking i/o?

_J

In the new year, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > On a different stream, no matter what the RECV buffer size is, I get
> >
> > recvfrom: resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Well, that's hardly a DVB related error when you read from a network
> socket. EAGAIN means you are using O_NONBLOCK and there is no data.
>
> > and now when I look at my ifconfig stats, I see that there are 3 errors,
> > all three of them framing errors, although I have seen resource
> > temporarily unavailable many more times than 3.
>
> If ifconfig shows incoming packets, but your app is not getting any,
> then maybe the address is wrong or something. Try tcpdump.
>
> Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index