[linuxtv-softmpeg] Recording playback

Hi,

I've just tried to play back some recordings I made a couple of weeks ago,
using softmpeg. I had always thought that the recordings had lots of errors
in, as they played back through softdevice with problems - the occasional
audio glitch, etc. The recordings were useless, and I had put it down to my
TV aerial being a bit funny (I had previously been using the code at someone
else's house).

Anyway. The good news is that it plays back without errors using softmpeg! I
guess the problem must have been in softdevice, not the recording. Yay!

I was wondering... are audio and video played back using separate threads?
Would a pthread condition variable work to hold the 'sending' thread off -
ie. block it when the buffer becomes full and unblock it when the buffer
becomes empty? The delay code doesn't seem to be quite working 100% - It's
much better, but get quite frequent pauses in the video.

Cool!

Thanks,

Colin