[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: A question about softmpeg usage.

Hi,

I see you checked in some delay code about two hours ago. Now I see what you
mean about the delays in the code.

I tried it out and got a segfault :-( However I didn't have core dumps
enabled, so set them. It now works. Typical!

Playback of recordings is still jerky, but thanks for working on it today!

I'm going mad trying to figure out why windows don't work. The alpha
blending looks good though with the stuff created on the primary surface.
It'll be great if I can get the OSD to work!

I tried the Elchi patch with the OSD (with video playback disabled). For
some reason Elchi tried to create an OSD window of size 0,0 but once I added
a check in for that it works OK!

I discovered why you're not getting the flicking problem I was talking
about. The latest DirectFB allows deinterlacing. This stops the flicker, but
I notice that the picture doesn't look as sharp - not sure if the vertical
resolution is reduced. But it's quite watchable.

Once I get the OSD to work I'll try to find out why radio playback doesn't
work.

Thanks,

Colin