[linuxtv-softmpeg] A question about softmpeg usage.

Hi,
I would like to use libsoftmpeg to play an mpeg stream from some other source
than a DVB card. I wrote a little test app that just feeds it with a program
stream file from the disk for now.
I use the cle266 directfb driver.
I got up to the point where It actually displays something and makes some
noise. But it's literly noise, garbled audio and video. I get this messages
from avcodec:
-------------
[mpeg2video @ 0x817de
b0]skiped MB in I frame at 9 1
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]skiped MB in I frame at 12 2
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 8 3
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 10 22
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]skiped MB in I frame at 2 24
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 27 26
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]skiped MB in I frame at 25 27
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 20 29
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 21 2
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 13 15
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]ac-tex damaged at 27 27
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x817deb0]Warning MVs not available
{-} [  302:   4.488] SoftMPEG/Audio: not playing yet

-------------

During that process I discovered some problems with the stream handling in
softmpeg_decoder_process_pes_data that's why I posted my previous change.
I also noticed some other thing in audio.c it refuses to initialize the audio
with 44100Hz is there a reason for that . I changed the code so it accepts
the 44100 sampling rate. I get this results
----
{-} [  306:   3.184] SoftMPEG/Audio: sample_rate:44100, bit_rate:224000,
channel
s:2
{!} [  306:   3.186] SoftMPEG - ERROR in audio_handle_pes_data at audio.c:622:
mpeg audio frame decoding failed
{!} [  306:   3.521] SoftMPEG - ERROR in audio_handle_pes_data at audio.c:625:
some error while mpeg audio frame decoding
---
So I suppose softmpeg_decoder_process_pes_data  needs the data comming in at
the right time. In other words it doesn't block if the internal buffers are
full. Is that correct, or am I totally on the wrong track?

Sorry for this lengthy email.
regards
Carsten