[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: VDR playback

Hello Michael,

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 10:38, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hello Simeon,
>
> On 02/19/04 21:37, Simeon Walker wrote:
> > The good news is that the OSD is fine!
>
> 8-)
>
> > Also the picture seems to freeze/continue/freeze regularly, about every
> > second or less.
>
> Make sure that your refresh rate is set to exactly 50Hz. Have a look at
> the docs, there is a suitable fb modeline.

The modeline I was using was the same as the one in the README but with
a different name, i.e. the one that comes with DirectFB, it should have
been ok.

> If you don't the video display will consume video frames too fast and
> the picture will freeze to regain sync.
>
> > When I watch live TV there are many complaints about audio data being
> > fed too fast and the ring buffer in VDR fills up. Eventually something
> > gives up and I get no picture.  When watching a recording time slows
> > down but the playback manages to continue.
>
> > If full logs will help I can post them here or on a
> > website.
>
> Yes. Can you enable all debugging messages, watch live tv, capture the
> whole stuff to a file and send it to me in private?

I have re-compiled the library with configure --enable-debug and tried
the plugin. (It's a bit tricky testing this since vdr changes the freq
of the mux with usually no errors  - if anyone knows how to disable this
please let me know!)

I'll email you the log directly.

Regards,
Simeon