[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: VDR playback

Hi,

I did another quick test with the new code, and the OSD works with me too, when used with the latest DirectFB.

However, the video does not :-)

I suspect that the video might be being rendered to the primary surface, where YUV to RGB conversion is being done in software. Whereas video was quite smooth before, it only updates about once per second just now, and even then only the parts containing the OSD update.

I get 'else case encountered - might crash' warnings from libsoftmpeg which would seem to validate this theory.

I can't debug it ATM (I get into trouble if I run an ethernet cable to the TV.. Tsk! Wires all over the house are *good*) but will try at the weekend.

My findings are:

- Earlier softmpeg, ancient DirectFB (I did a cvs update a while ago) - good video, no OSD.
- Latest softmpeg, earlier  DirectFB - nothing. (audio only - no video)
- Latest softmpeg, latest DirectFB - video only when OSD is displayed, again updates about once per second. Stuttery audio (possibly high CPU usage).

'softdevice' doesn't work with the latest DirectFB, so I suspect something has broken in DirectFB. I'll try and look at the weekend.

It's getting close though... Yaaay!

Colin

<<winmail.dat>>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index