[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: My configuration

Hi,

Sure!

I'm using Kernel 2.4.24 with no extra patches.
viafb from CVS from about a month ago
DirectFB+libsoftmpeg CVS from Saturday
DVB drivers from ages ago - must update them.
VDR-1.2.6

Need to set environment variable DFB_CLE266_UNDERLAY=1, and:

An /etc/directfbrc with

pixelformat = AiRGB
no-translucent-windows
bg-color = 0

I'm wondering if your code is writing to the primary surface rather than
using the video window. Michael posted a change to fix this for CLE266 type
boxes last Friday or so I think. I had that problem too. Try getting the
latest CVS of libsoftmpeg.

I had to invert the alpha channel in the OSD code. Not sure if there is
something else wrong in my configuration, but it works for me now.

Left it going overnight to see what would happen... and it crashed. :-(

Core dumps were disabled though, so I couldn't figure out what had happened.
3 vdr threads were left, but the rest had gone. I'll leave it running today
(with core dumps enabled!) and see what happens.

PS: It uses about 40% CPU on the M10000 (without hw decoding)

Hope this helps..

Colin