[linuxtv-softmpeg] I'm stumped...

Hi,

Thanks for the info Colin. I've just tried it out with the same kernel,
same viafb, same vdr, DirectFB & libsoftmpeg from cvs (yesterday), same
directfbrc settings, same env var, dvb drivers 1.1.

When I load viafb I see this in syslog, looks ok:

viafb: VIA CLE266 framebuffer 0.8 initializing
viafb: framebuffer size = 32 Mb
viafb: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8623 [Apollo CLE266] integrated
CastleRock graphics board found
viafb: detected VT1622 (2), using TV3 tables
viafb: mode=720x576  bpp=16  refresh=50  TVon=1  TVtype=2
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 90x36
viafb: irq handler installed, IRQ(0x200) = 80080c00
viafb: fb0: Via CLE266 frame buffer device 720x576-16bpp

I then use fbset -a 720x576-50. My mode definition looks like:

mode "720x576-50"
    geometry 720 576 720 576 16
    timings 31208 144 40 32 10 128 3
endmode

fbset then says:

mode "720x576-50"
    # D: 32.043 MHz, H: 31.049 kHz, V: 49.999 Hz
    geometry 720 576 720 576 16
    timings 31208 144 40 32 10 128 3
    accel true
    rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

I think all this look ok but unfortunately I don't see any change :-(

Could be the sound driver, recently I've been using the viaudiocombo.o
though earlier I tried the alsa 1.0.2 driver, just as bad.

I wonder if there's any difference between DVB-T (which I'm using) and
DVB-S?

Regards,
Sim