[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Current libavcodec not source compatible withcurrent softmpeg

Hello Peter,

Should I downgrade my ffmpeg or provide patches for softmpeg to compile with the current CVS version of ffmpeg (breaking source compatibility with previous versions of ffmpeg in process) ?
The solution was simple: recent ffmpeg CVS version set the RATIONAL_H define.

This is the fix:

#ifdef RATIONAL_H
d->resize(d->priv, width, height, av_q2d(d->codec_ctx->sample_aspect_ratio));
#else
d->resize(d->priv, width, height, d->codec_ctx->aspect_ratio);
#endif

The callback function expects a float value, so I use the av_q2d() function to convert the rational ffmpeg value to a double.

I cannot test libsoftmpeg on my current computer setup, so please test it and report any problems. Thanks!

CU
Michael.