[linuxtv-softmpeg] libsoftmpeg with hardware decoding

Hi all,

I've put together a *very* early release of libsoftmpeg with support for the
cle266 hardware decoder added.

It is available at:

http://crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MPEG/libsoftmpeg-cle266-0.01.tgz

The code has the following pros and cons:

Pros:
- It compiles (for me)
- It appears to display images using the hardware decoder.

Cons:
- Code needs tidying up:
    - Lots of similarities between v_directfb.c and v_directfb_cle266.c
which need to be resolved.
    - Various global variables need tidying away
    - I don't like d_cle266 and cle266mpegdec.c much - They can be tidied
up.
    - Need to find a proper way of specifying whether to use
hardware/software decoding.

The code is so early that I haven't properly tested it yet, due to my stack
corruption problem, as previously mentioned...

I did get it to play the only .ts test video I had, using 'dfb_ts' as a
test. This file doesn't play too well on either decoder, but I got it to
display video if I added

d->av_sync_disable =1 into video.c *** Oops. This is still there in the tar
file, so there may be AV sync problems! ***

I'm also not sure if it will work if the video changes size, as the mpeg
decoder size is hard coded to 720x576 at the moment.

The get framebuffer offset patch contained in libcle266mpeg will need to be
applied for DirectFB (although the DFB++ one in there isn't needed). In
addition, my YV12 blit patch at:

http://crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MPEG/DirectFB_cle266_planar_blit.diff

reduces CPU usage under DirectFB, otherwise the image copying is done in
software. This patch breaks other accelerated YV12 operations however, so
beware!

I have noticed that vdr seems to work - I did a 'make distclean' for the
purposes of producing the tar file. That has hopefully cured my stack
corruption problem.

I will take the machine downstairs to the TV set and see how well the code
fares with VDR.

So... as you may gather work probably still needs to be done. As usual, I
may be a bit busy next week so I'm posting what I've got so far in case it
is of any use to anybody!

Colin