[linuxtv-softmpeg] libsoftmpeg with CLE266 hardware decoding

Hi all,

I've put together a very early release of libsoftmpeg with support for the
cle266 hardware decoder added.

It is available at:

http://crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MPEG/libsoftmpeg-cle266-0.01.tgz

The code has the following pros and cons:

Pros:
- It compiles (for me)
- It appears to display images using the hardware decoder.

Cons:
 - I'm not setting something correctly - AV sync problem.
 - Code needs lots of tidying up:

    - Lots of similarities between v_directfb.c and v_directfb_cle266.c
which need to be resolved.
    - Various global variables need tidying away
    - I don't like d_cle266 and cle266mpegdec.c much - They can be tidied
up.
    - Need to find a proper way of specifying whether to use
hardware/software decoding.

The code seems to play back live video OK using VDR.

However, I'm obviously not setting something correctly in order to achieve
AV sync... To display video I had to insert

d->av_sync_disable =1 into video.c *** This is still there in the tar file,
so there may be AV sync problems! ***

The get framebuffer offset patch contained in libcle266mpeg will need to be
applied for DirectFB (although the DFB++ one in there isn't needed). In
addition, my YV12 blit patch at:

http://crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MPEG/DirectFB_cle266_planar_blit.diff

reduces CPU usage under DirectFB, otherwise the image copying is done in
software. This patch breaks other accelerated YV12 operations however, so
beware!

I have noticed that vdr now seems to work - I did a 'make distclean' for the
purposes of producing the tar file. That has hopefully cured my stack
corruption problem which I mentioned earlier.

I shall try and find out why AV sync isn't working correctly.

So... as you may gather work probably still needs to be done. As usual, I
may be a bit busy next week so I'm posting what I've got so far in case it
is of any use to anybody!

Regards,

Colin