[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Chroma artifacting

Hi,

I haven't noticed this problem on a CLE266, but then again I've only been
using the TV output so haven't been looking too critically. I have noticed a
sort of judder on the picture sometimes - the picture sometimes jumps up and
down a line occasionally. Might be a similar problem.

> It could also be a side effect of deinterlacing - does libsoftmpeg
> attempt to deinterlace? If so, how do I turn this feature off?

I think that softmpeg does turn on de-interlacing.

Search for the line:

       dlc.options = (dldesc.caps & DLCAPS_DEINTERLACING) ?
DLOP_DEINTERLACING : DLOP_NONE;

in v_directfb.c (or in video.c if you're not using the latest CVS code) and
change it to

    dlc.options = DLOP_NONE;

... to keep an interlaced picture.

I assume that the Matrox driver does deinterlacing.

Hope this helps,

Colin