[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Chroma artifacting

Hello Peter,

On 03/21/04 15:55, Peter Urbanec wrote:
One thing that I did notice almost straight away is what looks like a vertical offset between chrominance and luminance. The chroma appears 1 or 2 scanlines above the luma. It may also be offset horizontally, but if that is the case, it is harder to detect without being able to take a snapshot.
Confirmed, it also appears on my G400.

It could also be a side effect of deinterlacing - does libsoftmpeg attempt to deinterlace? If so, how do I turn this feature off?
If you don't need deinterlacing, simple comment it out in v_directfb.c

I'm going to talk to the DirectFB experts, I'm sure they'll fix it.

Cheers,
   Peter.
CU
Michael.