[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: problems with libsoftmpeg

Wohoo, I have finally got libsoftmpeg working.

The problem with the sound described in my previous message was caused by me applying the fusionsound_realtimepriority_reset_on_flush.diff patch to the CVS version of FusionSound. I got a suceeded with fuzz during processing of ifusionsoundstream.c but instead of calling the fs_core_reset function from the flush function, the call turned up in the IFusionSoundStream_GetPresentationDelay function. Don't asked me how, the context in the patch didn't match a single line of this function.

The second problem was that the VBL irq was not enabled in the 2.6 version of the viafb driver from http://patcher2k.012webpages.com/ which I'm using.

When debugging libsoftmpeg I found a potential bug in the decode thread in video.c where a uint64 is used for the variable "diff". Shouldn't a signed data type by used instead?
Here is a patch to fix it:

diff -c -r1.34 video.c
*** src/video.c 23 Mar 2004 11:20:51 -0000 1.34
--- src/video.c 17 May 2004 06:57:47 -0000
***************
*** 592,598 ****
}
}
} else {
! uint64_t diff;
int diff_ms;

if (sm_frame.is_iframe == 0) {
--- 592,598 ----
}
}
} else {
! int64_t diff;
int diff_ms;

if (sm_frame.is_iframe == 0) {

FYI I've been working on a patch to viafb so that you can override the mode setup from the bios table with mode timing from fb.modes. You cannot define modes that are not present in the bios table yet but it's a start.
I've also fixed a bug in viafb which is also present in the DirectFB CVS version for 2.4 kernels that caused incorrect timing for the 1280x720 50Hz mode I'm using for my projector. It is the commExtTable which contain extended register setup common for all modes which is not loaded by viafb. After adding that I got a perfect 50Hz mode.

Is anyone working on adding support for 2.6 kernels in the DirectFB version of viafb? It would be really great to have a version that has all that is needed by the DirectFB driver. If no one else is working on this I'm volunteering to do it myself along with the mode generation patch.

/Henrik