[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: AW: Re: Libsoftmpeg + CLE266

Hi Colin.

> > Better get version 2
> > http://crp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/libsoftmpeg-cle266-0.02.tgz
>
> Sorry - I haven't been able to do much libsoftmpeg
> development recently, and am just catching up on mailing list traffic.
>
> There is still a bug somewhere in that code in that it
> doesn't handle I frames properly I think - or at least I get
> a jerky picture about 2 times per second. Also, the code
> could do with a bit of tidying.
>
> Do you get smooth pictures with it (i.e. no jumping?)

Yep. I'm quite happy with this.

The current issues are:
- video lag of 1/2 to 1 second to audio, i.e. no lip synchron audio.
- sometimes block artefacts, but this could be related to the digital TV signal. Or maybe an MPEG stream of 5MBit/sec. can not be handled that fast.
- on some channels no video but audio decoding, i.e. listen to black screen. This is reproducible. I wonder, if some channels give a different MPEG stream. Please tell me if you need some more information or debug output. Currently I did throw out all printf() to put down CPU load. The only debug I noticed is, there were just audio messages but no video synchronise messages.

Right now the CPU is at approx. 45% load during video decoding.

> Colin
>

> --

cu
Jörg