[linuxtv-softmpeg] VDR / softmpeg requirements

Hi,

I am trying to have a working VDR since many weeks now (I'm slow), on my
EPIA M10000 with CLE266.
I wish to use DirectFB, so I tried both the softdevice VDR plugin and
libsoftmpeg with the softmpeg VDR plugin... At this time, none of them work.

I would like to have clear requirements for the system to work :

* I have kernel 2.6.6 in a Debian testing install, I can recompile and
tweak ther kernel as I wish...
* I patched the kernel with the -epia patch from
http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=6
* what version of the viafb must I use ? (the -epia kernel patch doc
says the viafb come from directfb.org, but I'm not sure)
* can I / must I compile viafb as a module, or in-kernel
* can I / shoudn't I also compile vesafb (in-kernel, as a module) ?
* is there any other module that I should compile, are the versions
important ? (agpgart, via_v4l_drv, drm, fusion, fbgen (?), etc.)
* what order should these modules be loaded, if compiled as modules ?
* what version of DirectFB should I use ? (I tried 0.9.20 from Debian
testing, and a self compiled 0.9.21-cvs, checked out last sunday)
* what other DirectFB libraries should I use ? (FusionSound, etc.)
* my /etc/fb.modes file came from Debian, and does not seem to be suited
to the CLE266 : is there a source for a good fb.modes file ?
* what screen resolution works best with VDR/softmpeg, and how can I
check working screen resolutions (when I have vga=ask in lilo.conf, and
viafb compiled-in, a scan of available modes freezes the kernel).

TIA,

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index