[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: [vdr] Re: Softdevice + DirectFB + cle266 : one step beyond

Thomas Glomann wrote:

Question 2 : am I the only one who use softdevice / DirectFB on an EPIA
M10000 ?
well, I own a Epia-M board as well, but I never tried the softdevice plugin yet. Currently I use a ff DVB-s card on an fanless M-6000 board.
However, I am really intersted in having a working softdevice plugin w/ via's builtin hardware mpeg2 decoder, but I don't have the time to work on that matter. So, I just wanted you to know that there are indeed some other guys who are interested in softdevice plugin with DirectFB on an Epia-M board. :)
Please keep 'us' updated on this list whenever you make some progress. I am still waiting for some kind of a good HowTo for VDR w/ softdevice via DFB and hw mpeg2 dec. support, so I very much appreciate your 'research' on that matter :)
You should also follow the linuxtv-softmpeg@linuxtv.org list, then (the whole archive is easily readable).
libsoftmpeg + softmpeg VDR plugin is quite the same as softdevice plugin on DirectFB. I am currently evaluating both.
It seems that the guys there have a working HW MPEG2 decoder code. This is released as a patch to a 404 not found URL though...

A propos : I think the softdevice + DirectFB vs. libsoftmpeg + softmpeg is a duplicate effort : what the developpers think about joining ?

NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index