[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: [vdr] Re: Softdevice + DirectFB + cle266 : one step beyond

On Thursday 10 June 2004 12:26, Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> Thomas Glomann wrote:
> >>Question 2 : am I the only one who use softdevice / DirectFB on an EPIA
> >>M10000 ?
> >
> > well, I own a Epia-M board as well, but I never tried the softdevice
> > plugin yet. Currently I use a ff DVB-s card on an fanless M-6000 board.
> > However, I am really intersted in having a working softdevice plugin w/
> > via's builtin hardware mpeg2 decoder, but I don't have the time to work
> > on that matter.
I did some experiments on a M-6000 board. I took a slightly different approach
by integrating the low level stuff from Andreas Robinson in libavcodec.
I managed to get some garbled video. But since the lack of public information
on the mpeg acceleration chip on this board and lack of time  I wasn't able
to get it done. So I stopped working on that. If someone is interrested in
what I have done so far drop me a note.
> > So, I just wanted you to know that there are indeed some other guys who
> > are interested in softdevice plugin with DirectFB on an Epia-M board. :)
> > Please keep 'us' updated on this list whenever you make some progress. I
> > am still waiting for some kind of a good HowTo for VDR w/ softdevice via
> > DFB and hw mpeg2 dec. support, so I very much appreciate your 'research'
> > on that matter :)
>
> You should also follow the linuxtv-softmpeg@linuxtv.org list, then (the
> whole archive is easily readable).
> libsoftmpeg + softmpeg VDR plugin is quite the same as softdevice plugin
> on DirectFB. I am currently evaluating both.
> It seems that the guys there have a working HW MPEG2 decoder code. This
> is released as a patch to a 404 not found URL though...
>
> A propos : I think the softdevice + DirectFB vs. libsoftmpeg + softmpeg
> is a duplicate effort : what the developpers think about joining ?
>
> NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index