Re: [livid-dev] Small patch for mpeg2dec

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Michel LESPINASSE wrote:

> I am surprised your stream works so well with two existing
> players. For example one legitimate error handling strategy in an mpeg
> demuxer would be to try to resync on a pack header and once you find
> one ensure that the next start code is where you expect it - if this
> is true then you can probably expect the data between these two points
> to be roughly intact, and if it is not you could decide to trash
> it. But this strategy would not work very well with this particular
> stream. Hmmmm.

Well, it is not that surprising that it works with mtvp, because I guess
that's what Michael was testing with when he wrote mp1e in the first
place.

According to Ryan Lovett, the smpeg based players are working now as well
with smpeg 0.4.1 (I was using 0.4.0).

Both smpeg and dvdview seem to implement the start code search by simply
skipping over anything that is not a start code and this looks like
a rather successful approach.

Arnd <><

Home | Main Index | Thread Index