[mpeg2] Update about the ADSP load problem

I am sure now something else must be wrong too. Even now the Kfir does not
work, sure the micro code loading does not lock up the system anymore with
USB turned off but it does not work either. The ADSP failed is only a
symptom of something failing way deeper.

I forced a DRAM test on the kfir and it keeps locking up the system and all
register values or memory from the Kfir is 0xffff everytime.

This loop is never exited:

                         KfirRegWrite(KFIR_ADR_RECORD, KFIR_D_RECORD_START );
                         do {
                                 Data1 = 0xffff&KfirRegRead( KFIR_ADR_EREADY );
                                 Sleep( 1 );
                         } while ( Data1 != 1 );

So far I have given up on the Kfir card, hopefully the WinTV PVR + driver
will be running on my systems.

I suggest to put a warning on the linuxtv.org page that the card/driver
does not work in all systems and configurations.

- Frank

*** Frank M. Siegert, frank<at>this.net, frank<at>wizards.de
*** WWW @ http://www.this.net/~frank * http://www.wizards.de
*** Get my PGP key: http://www.this.net/~frank/newpgpkey.asc

Home | Main Index | Thread Index