[mpeg2] Re: interrupted streams

Hi,

Christian Wolff wrote:

> I ran into a strange problem.
> [weird stream breakages]
> i suspect a thermic problem of the card.

Confirmed. I stuck a 80486-Heatsink & Fan from RatShack onto the
KFIR chip, wrote a cron job that recorded in 10 minute intervals and
it worked fine for over 30 hours. I only had to rmmod/insmod once ;-)

Today the heatsink fell off (el dilletante at work) and the recording
broke after about an hour...

Do only i have a rotten egg or did anyone else have this problem? Does
the KFIR has a general problem with 24/7 usage?

  Christian.

--
Christian Wolff, CTO, convergence integrated media, Inc.
2565 Third St. #338,  San Francisco, CA 94107-3158, USA

Home | Main Index | Thread Index