[mpeg2] Re: Hard lockups when loading the kfir module

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 03:55:40PM +0200, Andreas Trottmann wrote:

> fine -- but the machine locks up tightly when loading the kfir module.
> We get the following output on the screen:

Do you have USB enabled on the machine?  I was getting lockups when I had
the USB kernel modules loaded and /proc/bus/usb mounted.

Also, it might be worth disabling USB entirely in the BIOS.  This took
care of most of the encoding problems I was having.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index