[mpeg2] Re: Hard lockups when loading the kfir module

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:48:10PM +0200, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> The locking up problem is known and mainly occurs on boards with VIA
> chipsets (although I also have an ABIT KT100 which works fine).
> Some had success by disabling USB in the BIOS. We don't know how
> exactly this is related but it probably changes something in the bus
> timing.

Thanks for the quick reply!

We are experiencing the lockup problem on a machine with a board using
the Intel LX chipset, and turning off the USB support in the BIOS
doesn't change anything. We quickly tried on a different machine (that
also uses the LX chipset -- it was a spare machine that could be tested
quickly), and had identical results (i.e. it also locks up).

We'll try a machine with a different chipset (probably I can test it on
one with the BX chipset) and will tell you the results.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index