[mpeg2] Re: KFir-Driver with Kernel newer than 2.4.5?

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 03:49:18PM +0100, Markus Sand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wondered if anyone has been able to compile the kfir-driver with the
> newest linux-kernel (2.4.17)?
> I use the kernel-sources from kernel.org,
> and the CVS-Version of the kfir-driver. It compiles wonderful with
> kernel-2.4.5, but says things like
>
> i2c-core.c:1372: parse error before `this_object_must_be_defined_as_export_objs_in_the_Makefile'

 I ended up just using saa7113.o and kfir.o from the kfir CVS and used
videodev, i2c-core, and i2c-algo-bit out of the normal tree.  Worked
great for me.

 This is with 2.4.17.

[I was a little scared of it being more difficult -- I was running
 2.4.2 before :P ]

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index