[vdr] Re: AC3-playback didn't work

Hello,

for me I solved the problem:

I am using a newer oss (5.64, cmpci) driver from
http://members.home.net/puresoft/cmedia.html (currently I discovered
that there seems to be a newer one (5.68) on the cmedia web site). This
driver supports AC3 via SPDIF like the Soundblaster oss driver.

Afterwards I modified the ac3dec source from the alsa-project to honour
the oss interface. With this combination it is possible to use SPDIF for
AC3.

There are some flaws in this combination:
- SPDIF loop support (needed when you want to route
  the SPDIF signal of the DVB card through your soundcard).
  This option must be set via a module parameter. But
  if SPDIF loop is activated there is no PCM or AC3 output
  via SPDIF. I added an IOCTL to the sound driver to solve
  this for runtime, but I think it would be better if the
  author would make a change in his code. It could be
  achieved also by loading and unloading the driver in an
  appropriate way.
- If you are using MPlayer and you want to use the soundcard
  then MPlayer is blocked by the running ac3dec (it opens
  /dev/dsp). This could be changed by some modifications of
  VDR.

Hans-Peter Raschke

BTW: MPlayer AC3 ouput works with a modification too!

--
Hans-Peter Raschke           Tel.:   +49 441 9304064
Wintermann DatenService      Fax:    +49 441 9304069

Home | Main Index | Thread Index