[vdr] Re: addign STB-style timeshifting to VDR

At Thursday, 17 January 2002, you wrote:

>Anton Schegg wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Klaus. Keep it simple.
>
>So do I.

So do I also.

Another point should be in view. There are many people like me with
only one DVB-S card. And I'm not willing to pay again 200 Euro more
only to go and grab a beer without loosing some seconds of a transmission.
Im can wait for a new beer until the next commercials. For me it
is more valuable to have the possibility to make clean cuttings and
and have after that again an clean MPEG stream on disk for further
processing.

All the discussed features under this topic are interesting but realy
luxury.

Kind regards
Manfred Schmidt-Voigt