[vdr] Re: MPlayer+DXR3 and VDR integration

Hi,

I've checked the specifications of the DVB-S cards from TT and Hauppauge.

!!! They can't handle AC-3 over the S/PDIF!!!  Sorry, but read it somewhere ...

But there might be another way to use the SPDIF for AC-3.

If the AC-3 has been sampled down to 44,1 khz and the frame-headers have been changed, the AC-3 can be transmitted over a
uncompressed-PCM-only-S/PDIF to an AC-3-decoder.

I don't have the knowledge to do it, but maybe someone in the vdr-list can help or maybe it can be implemented by the VDR or Mplayer
developers ...

A description of how to do it at this link : http://www.labdv.com/en/articles/cd_audio_dd_explained.php

Perhaps someone can understand it completely and implement a module or a VDR patch doing that on the fly without loosing a/v sync

Rene