[vdr] Re: Strange VDR hangup filled up my disk

On 06 Jan 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Apparently the main program thread got stuck somewhere, presumably in a call

Yes, this is the best explanation I found, too. But this leads me
to the idea, if it's suficient to have an internal watchdog. Why
not let VDR touch a special file, lets say one a minute? One
could watch this file with a simple, independent script and if
the file date doesn't changes, kill & restart VDR.

> to the OSD functions. In there all signals are switched of, including the
> SIGALRM. Carsten Koch recently posted a patch that fixes this:

I'll try this one, but I thing that such a situation won't repeat
in the next years ;-)

One think I don't understand, why is the OSD involved? It was
just at the start of a timer even.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan