[vdr] Re: Strange VDR hangup filled up my disk

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 06 Jan 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > Apparently the main program thread got stuck somewhere, presumably in a call
>
> Yes, this is the best explanation I found, too. But this leads me
> to the idea, if it's suficient to have an internal watchdog. Why
> not let VDR touch a special file, lets say one a minute? One
> could watch this file with a simple, independent script and if
> the file date doesn't changes, kill & restart VDR.

Actually there is already such a file: epg.data.
Ok, it is written only every 10 minutes, but that's probably better
than nothing...

> > to the OSD functions. In there all signals are switched of, including the
> > SIGALRM. Carsten Koch recently posted a patch that fixes this:
>
> I'll try this one, but I thing that such a situation won't repeat
> in the next years ;-)
>
> One think I don't understand, why is the OSD involved? It was
> just at the start of a timer even.

Could it be that that recording was done on the primary card, and that
the channel switching caused the OSD access?

Klaus