[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Use VDR as an Internetbrowser ??

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 08:04:08PM +0100, Sebastian Herp wrote:
> Agree with you the council does. An internet-browser for VDR would be a very
> nice addition, but i think it is far too complicated to simply implement
> this with a "written in one day/week patch". Think about all the interactive
> stuff in/on the internet. Flash, etc ... you wouldn't really want to
> view/control that on your tv-screen, sitting on your couch, eating some
> chips, with your remote-control in your hand. No! :-)

You are right. But if you create a X-Windows Server you can use all
applications that currently exists. (If I would translate "X-windows server"
to the MSwindoze world I would say we need a "VGA driver" that creates MPEG2
data.)

        Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index