[vdr] Re: channel x not sync'ed ??

ma.hoff@t-online.de(Martin Hoffmann)  06.01.02 01:29

Once upon a time Martin Hoffmann shaped the electrons to say...

>Now i have tracked it down a little further and i think it might be a
>heat problem with my primary dvbs card !

>Does anyone know how to cool the card properly ?
>Without noise of a fan ?

>The chip that is covered by the metal box on the card (there seems
>some heat cream (Leitpaste?)

Hitze Sahne?

Maybe "heat conduction paste", better (IMHO) "thermal paste"?

> between the metal and the chip surface)
>gets quite hot - i nearly burnt my finger by touching :-(

That means nothing. over approx. 50C ever thing ist "hot".

>Has anyone already built it's own cooling or mounted some cooler upon
>the card ?

It depends on which tuner you have.

I have no boards with Alps Tuner found, where the cooling strip
touches the chip below at all! They all have a 1..2mm gap of
"pure air" between chip and "heat sink" strip.
It seems that the shielding metal boxes were made for
other chips sets too which require(s/d) more cooling.

Older tuners may comsume more power and generates more heat.

I have attached a little 40mm Fan between 12V and 5V (Red=12V, black=5V)
so it runs very silent with 7V and have placed it over/between the
two boards. But i think i can remove it: The card it self was broken.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index