[vdr] Re: Use VDR as an Internetbrowser ??

Carsten.Koch@icem.de(Carsten Koch)  07.01.02 04:22

Once upon a time Carsten Koch shaped the electrons to say...

>Tilo Renkl wrote:
>> Is it maybe in future possible to render a browser-window to the
>> DVB-card to surf throu the
>> Internet via VDR ?
>>
>> What do you think about it ?

>Hmm. Let's see.
>That would give us a browser window at little more than 640x480
>resolution, very slow repaint times, sms-like character input,
>no mouse, ...

>Sounds like WAP to me.  ;-)

>Seriously, I would very much like to browse some web pages on my TV.
>But at PAL or NTSC resolution?
>With a remote control as input device?
>Sounds like torture to me.

Deutsche Post AG don't think so or tries to torture
thier customers ;-)

They offer for 111EUR  the "iTV box".

For only 0.015UR/min one should use the Internet(!),
write reccieve eMails (with a IR-Keyboard).
No lenghtly booting like on a computer,
no computer skills required,
8MB (eight Megabytes! ) of storages is another plus ;-)

BTW:
Good websites can be visited with LYNX.

A tty driver for OSD and "sreen" may be sufficient.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index