[vdr] Re: Talking SVDRP over the net

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:17:19 +0100 (MET), Juergen Schmidt
<ju@ct.heise.de> wrote:

> I just set up a video server in our basement. To control it via IR remote,
> I wrote a small perl script, that reads from the LIRC device and talks via
> TCP/SVDRP to the server.

rearranged:
> (the only
> shotcoming is, that there needs to be a computer as LIRC receiver nearby
> to read the IR signals from the remote).

Couldn't you install a long cable for for the IR receiver?
There is no problem to run IR signals over 10+ m. There are also
wireless remote extenders available.

> The video signal is fed into a defunct VCR to
> modulate it on a transport frequency and from there fed into the satelite
> receiver. Now we can watch the videos on any TV in the house.

I have a similar setup for secondary tv's. But what are you doing with
the remote signals from there?
I have installed a modulator from www.channelplus.com which is available
from www.mediacraft.de . This modulators allow to transfer the IR signal
on a back channel on the normal antenna cable. This is not cheap but
works great.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index