[vdr] Re: Talking SVDRP over the net

Juergen Schmidt wrote:

>(the only shotcoming is, that there needs to be a computer as LIRC receiver nearby
>to read the IR signals from the remote).

I use IR Recievers (just pure cheap recievers, no extra hardware) in
several rooms. Since they are open collector,
they can easily be connected and only one serial port is needed for lirc.
Even though the wires are quite long (>15m) there are no problems with
this setting ( except for the problem to hide the cables, and
- just as in your solution - provided the family members ar cooperative ;-)

Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index