[vdr] Re: VDR in c't magazine, again

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:46:44PM +0100, Peter Siering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> awkward - but here he is. That was probably due to an old and wrong entry
> in our shareware database (just the dangling soft-link was my fault). I've
> never keyed in this junk. Sorry for that and by the way: many thanks to
> anybody who contributed to VDR.

If ask myself if i get an articel too if the next version of
master-timer (+ a handfull of new "helpers") is finished (at least
master-timer is a "bit" bigger than vdradmin <g> And i violate the
"fresh" patents from Sonicblue and/or Tivo! (Fortunatly i don't live in
the US <g>))

Currently all script together have 3500 lines of code (110KB).

Last release (0.4.1b) is "a bit" smaller. (A small portion is overhead,
because i splitted the "huge" master-timer.pl script into a set of
smaller files)

ms@leeloo:~/devel/master-timer-0.4.1b > cat `find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "*.pl" ` | wc
   1754    5798   51287
ms@leeloo:~/devel/mt-current > cat `find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "*.pl" ` | wc
   3555   12424  111345

And still it is not finished, there are a few "weaknesses" i want to be
fixed. And all tools for data-sources i personally don't use are still
missing. (Internet EPGs (like tvtv.de), "Merkliste",
Premiere-Movie-Text-List, ...)

Bis denn